The MCM Rotating Control Device (RCD) durability machine is used to validate functionality / durability of RCDs prior to being installed in the field. This machine performs static, dynamic and stripping tests. Ensuring the seal integrity prior to installation potentially saves thousands of dollars and downtime. Full data logging, programmable test sequences and automation, as well as multiple testing speeds and pressures allow a wide range of possible testing configurations. This unique machine provides a new level of pre-installation security for large drilling operations in the oil, natural gas, and other industries that had been previously unavailable.
Reasons For Testing
RCD technology has become a key element in the mining / drilling industry. The stripper element rotates with the drill string, while a robust steel housing and bearing assembly provide control of the flow by diverting the drill cuttings, fluids and gases away from the rig. RCDs create a pressure-tight barrier in the wellbore annulus that enables safe fluid containment and diversion, a vital defense against drilling hazards. As a critical element of managed pressure drilling (MPD) systems, RCDs provide an additional line of defense to protect your personnel and your assets.
- Single Test head with Semi Automatic DUT loading
- Ability to pause and resume cycle for inspection
- Programmable mandrel rotation and reciprocation
- Programmable up to 7500psi back pressure
- Tank pressure is monitored and test will suspend based on loss limit
- Live run screen displays speeds and pressures at all times
- Machine can send SMS message to operator in the event of a failure
Click on image below for the full data sheet on this RCD Machine, or contact us at 248-347-7900 for more information. You can also view some of the other custom Machines we’ve built for our customers.